We know you have been training diligently through this challenging time in order to make it to the start line. Our team has been working hard to prepare to host you in Gdynia too.
Here’s a few updates on where we’re at for Enea IRONMAN Gdynia & Enea IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia:
- We are on track for the August 8, 2021 race day!
- The ability to host events continue to be subject to national government restrictions, but things are looking positive. We are pretty optimistic that – if nothing highly unexpected happens – we will be able to host the event as scheduled and deliver a safe and enjoyable IRONMAN experience to all our athletes, staff and volunteers – just as we did last year!
- Currently, groups of 250 athletes are allowed to race in Poland with certain time intervals between them. While we do expect these restrictions to be further loosened in the coming weeks, we continue to review our operational plans in line with our Safe Return to Racing guidelines as well as the current local legal conditions. This can mainly affect our swim start procedure and swim start area.
- Of course, you should expect certain Covid-related safety measures that we already tested in 2020 and continue to develop and adapt based on Safe Return to Racing guidelines and our growing experience from various races around the globe. Apart from the basic sanitary measures, these may include some changes to the traditional IRONMAN weekend experience, e.g. online race briefings, modified slot allocation process, more self-service at the aid stations, welcome banquet replaced with special vouchers to local restaurants and some others. More detailed information on this should follow a bit closer to race day.
- All the Covid-related guidelines, both for athletes and spectators, will also be included in the Athlete Information Guide that we will share with you by email and publish for download on our website.
We want to assure you that while some things can still be slightly different to what our athletes have experienced throughout years at IRONMAN events, what won’t change is our support for you - on and off the course - and our excitement to see you on the finish line on the sandy beach in Gdynia.
You’re about to experience what’s truly special about racing in Gdynia: from the usually calm waters of the Gdansk Bay early in the morning, to the picturesque bike course full of green areas, summer fields and rolling hills in Kashubia region, to the run course along our famous Swietojanska street, Sea Boulevards and spectacular finish on the beach. This year, for the first time ever, with finish line party going on until the late night hours when we will be awaiting the last IRONMAN finishers. #goosebumps
Despite our belief that we will be racing in August, we would like to let you know that we are willing to support you in case of any problems with your participation in our race resulting from restrictions in international travels, quarantine requirements or Covid-related health issues. Any such inquiries, including deferrals to 2022, are handled individually by our Athlete Services team which can be reached at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.