Sprint Triathlon Gdynia is a side event to the Enea IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia. The race is held the day before the main competition (Saturday). It features 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run.
Sprint distance is a great choice for those who simply prefer shorter distances but also for those who are still on the way to their first IRONMAN 70.3 race.
|Length swim||0,75 km, bike 20 km, run 5 km|
|Start and Finish||Urban beach in Gdynia|
|Start date/Time||5th September 2020, 8:00|
|Swimming course||Gdańsk Bay (1 lap)|
|Bike course||streets of Gdynia (2 laps)|
|Run course||streets of Gdynia and Boulevard (1 lap)|
|Time limit||2 hours|
|First 500 kits||250 PLN|
|Next 500 kits||300 PLN|
|Next 500 kits||350 PLN|
|Limit of competitors||1500|
At least 16 years old at the starting date.
Zawiszy Czarnego Street, Gdynia
Each athlete is obliged to pick up their starting kits on their own.
Please bear in mind that the uncollected starting kits will not be distributed or sent in any other term.
Please note that event schedule may be modified. Please follow the website for any updates.
Friday, 9th August 2019
|12:00 - 20:00||Opening hours of the Race Office and of the EXPO (Kościuszki Square)|
|12:00 - 16:30||Opening hours of the Kids Aquathlon Race Office (Kościuszki Square)|
|15:00 - 17:45||Kids Aquathlon|
|15:00 – 21:30||Transition zone opening hours – sprint and relays (Kościuszki Square)|
|16:00 - 20:00||Welcome banquet - sprint and relays (Grunwaldzki Square)|
|18:00 - 18:30||Award ceremony of Kids Aquathlon (Tribune)|
|19:00 – 19:30||Technical briefing in Polish – sprint/relays (Tribune)|
|19:30 – 20:00||Technical briefing in English – sprint/relays (Tribune)|
Saturday, 10th August 2019
|08:00 - 09:30||Opening hours of the Transition zone - sprint and relays (Kościuszki Square)|
|08:00 - 09:30||Opening hours of the Deposit - sprint (first wave)|
|09:00 - 20:00||Opening hours of the Race Office (only IRONMAN 70.3) and the EXPO (Kościuszki Square)|
|09:00 - 16:00||Opening hours of VIP Tribune|
|10:00 - 12:00||I series start - sprint distance (Men AG 16-44)|
|10:00 - 11:30||Opening hours of the Deposit- sprint + relays (second wave)|
|12:00 - 14:00||II series start - sprint distance + relays (Men AG 45+, women, relays)|
|14:00 - 16:00||Bike Check-out, Transition zone - sprint and relays (Kościuszki Square)|
|14:30 - 15:30||Award ceremony|
|15:00 - 16:00||Technical briefing - PRO Athletes|
|16:00 - 20:00||Welcome banquet for IRONMAN 70.3 (Grunwaldzki Square)|
|17:30||Presentation of PRO athletes (Tribune)|
|17:00 - 22:00||Bike Check-in, Transition zone - IRONMAN 70.3 (Kościuszki Square)|
|17:30 - 18:30||Technical briefing in Polish – race IRONMAN 70.3|
|18:30 - 19:30||Technical briefing in English – race IRONMAN 70.3|
Sunday, 11th August 2019
|06:30 - 07:30||Opening hours of the Transition zone (Kościuszki Square)|
|07:30 - 17:00||Opening hours of VIP Tribune|
|9:00 - 17:00||Opening hours of the Expo (Kościuszki Square)|
|08:00||IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia - start PRO MEN|
|08:02||IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia - start PRO WOMEN|
|08:10||IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia - Rolling start|
|~ 11:50||Planned finish of the first MAN|
|~ 12:20||Planned finish of the first WOMAN|
|13:00||Flower Ceremony (Tribune)|
|15:00 - 19:00||Bike Check-out, Transition Zone - IRONMAN 70.3 (Kościuszki Square)|
|16:50||Closing of the course IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia|
|17:00 - 18:00||Award ceremony of IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia|
|18:00 - 19:00||Slot allocation ceremony IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship|
|20:00 – 2:00||After Party (Pokład Club)|
1. The organizer of Sprint Triathlon Gdynia is SE Group Sp. z o.o., ul. Zimowa 31a/28, 05-515 Nowa Iwiczna.
II. GENERAL RULES
1. The competition in the convention without drafting.
2. Athlete licenses (annual or daily) issued by national triathlon associations are required to compete in the race.
3. The judges notify athletes of a breach of the Rules&Regulations showing the colorful cards in conjunction with verbal directive.
4. Colors of cards and related penalties are the following:
Yellow card: Temporary penalty 10 second Stop and Go;
Blue card: 1:00 Minute Penalty Time
Red card: disqualification;
5. Any player who collects three cards (of any color) will be disqualified.
6. A red card can be collected by too serious infringement disregard decisions of judges and organizers or unsafe and unsportsmanlike conduct.
EXCEPTIONS – IF THERE ARE SPECIFIC EXCEPTIONS OR SPECIAL RULES FOR YOUR EVENT THESE WOULD BE DEALT WITH NEXT
|10 S STOP-GO PENALTY||TIME PENALTY||DISQUALIFICATION|
|Report to the next penalty tent||Report to the next penalty tent|
|General Rules - Apply to all disciplines||Penalty|
|Public nudity or indecent exposure.|
|Littering garbage outside outside of the marked areas at feed stations.|
|Use of music player, headphones, mobile phone, camera, video, listening or recording device.|
|Failing to use appropriate toilet facilities.
The penalty is based on the judgement of the official.
|Moving outside the fixed course.|
|Outside assistance. Accepting assistance from anyone other than a race official. This includes coaches, members of the public or supporters cycling, driving or running alongside an athlete. Being passed food or other items outside of the Personal Needs zone at the designated Feed Station.
The penalty is based on the judgement of the official.
|Failure to follow the instructions of a race official, marshal, public official or police officer.|
|Not stopping in the next penalty box after being shown a penalty card.|
|Failing to follow the prescribed course.
Note: Any athlete who crosses the finish line without completing the full course may also be liable for further suspension from racing.
|Entering under an assumed name or age, falsifying information, or giving false information or attempting to use an entry made by another person will result in the place being withdrawn and the possible suspension of the athlete(s) involved.|
|Not wearing T-shirt or sports top while cycling or running. Wearing a uniform with front zipper undone below the point of the end of the breastbone during the competition.||OR|
|Failure to wear an appropriate wetsuit when required to do so in the event.|
|Failure to wear the swim cap provided|
|Cutting the course short or gaining an unfair advantage|
|Any assistance required during the swim if forward progress is made. Athletes are permitted to use kayaks and boats as temporary support, as long as forward progress is not made.|
|The use of fins or other flotation devices.|
|Dangerous riding: including crossing the centre line, overtaking on the wrong side|
|Drafting – riding within the designated draft zone||OR|
|Failure to fasten the helmet securely during the bike phase||OR|
|Blocking, riding before the mount line or after the dismount line|
|Failure to clearly display your race number on your helmet/bike|
|Being accompanied by spectators down the finish line|
|Failure to clearly display your race number to the front|
|Blocking other athletes|
|Interfering in other athlete's equipment|
III. DATES, DISTANCES, COURSES
1. The Race Office will be located at Zawiszy Czarnego Street in Gdynia (open on 4th Septmeber 2020).
2. Sprint Triathlon Gdynia 2020 distance (0,75-20,6-5) will take place on 5th September 2020.
3. Start and Finish. The starting line and the finish line will be located at the Municipal Beach (Plaża Miejska) in Gdynia.
4. Swimming – 0.75km (Gdańska Bay, 1 lap, expected water temperature in August: 17-21°C, time limit – 30 minutes, start at the Municipal Beach (Plaża Miejska) and finish at the end of Kościuszki Square. Swimming in the neoprene wetsuits is allowed and recommended by the Organizer. If the water temperature will be below 16°C swimming in the neoprene wetsuits will be mandatory.
5. Cycling – 20.6km. The distance to the course is 0.6 km, followed by 2 laps of 9.7km on the streets of Gdynia, approach to the Transtition zone 0,6 km. The course is flat and very fast due to mostly wide, one-way roads. There will be course markings every 5km. Traffic will be shut down on the entire course. All bicycles are allowed. A competition in no drafting convention. The time limit for completion of the swimming and cycling events is 90 minutes.
6. Running – 5km. One lap. The course will take place on the main streets of Gdynia and Seaside Boulevard on asphalt and cobblestone roads. The course will be marked every 1km. One loop with a smooth ascent (ul. Świętojańska) approx. 1 km and inclination to 2.5%. The time limit for finishing the entire event is 2 hours.
7. Nutrition Points – running course: one point with drinks (isotonic drink, water) and at the finish line isotonic drinks, mineral still water, fruits, power bars.
8. Refreshment Points – next to the nutrition points.
9. The transition area – the transition area will be located at Kościuszki Square (Skwer Kościuszki). Participants may only place their bicycles in the transition area on Friday, 4th September between the hours of 3:00PM and 9:30PM; participants will be able to retrieve their bicycles after the completion of the event on 5th September between the hours of 2:00PM and 4:00PM. Placing and retrieving bicycles and other items in the transition area only allowed on the basis of starting number and subject to the approval of event staff. Each athlete is obliged to check in and pick up their bikes from the transition zone on their own
10. Portable toilets – portable toilets will be located close to the starting zone for the swimming, in the transition zone, at the cycling and running course.
11. Time measurement – electronic chip time measurement. Each participant is required to return the chip.
12. Helmet is obligatory - on the cycling course and in the Transition zone.
IV. CLASSIFICATIONS AND AGE CATEGORIES
|W - Women`s||M - Men`s|
|W 16 (ages 16-19)||M 16 (ages 16-19)|
|W 20 (ages 20-24)||M 20 (ages 20-24)|
|W 25 (ages 25-29)||M 25 (ages 25-29)|
|W 30 (ages 30-34)||M 30 (ages 30-34)|
|W 35 (ages 35-39)||M 35 (ages 35-39)|
|W 40 (ages 40-44)||M 40 (ages 40-44)|
|W 45+ (ages 45 and over)||M 45 (ages 45-49)|
|M 50 (ages 50-54)|
|M 55 (ages 55-59)|
|M 60+ (ages 60 and over)|
* Membership in the age category by the year of birth.
1.There will be two waves, depending on age category and the sex of participants.
I wave start at 08:00 AM (Men 16-39)
II wave start at 10:00 AM (Men 40+)
III wave start at 12:00 AM (All Women and Relays)
2. The organizer reserves the right to change the organization of wave starts.
3. Each participant is required to start in the designated by the Organizer wave. Unauthorised change of starting time will be punished by disqualification.
1. All participants who finish Sprint Triathlon Gdynia will receive a memorial medals at the finish line.
2. No more than 15 minutes before the beginning of the awards ceremony, the results of podium finishers in all classifications will be displayed.
3. In case of absence at the awards ceremony, the prize can be collected only at the Organizer's office in Warsaw until 30.09.2020.
4. The I-III place-finishers in the general men's and women's categories will receive tangible prizes and trophies.
5. The I-III place finishers in the age categories for women and men will receive souvenir trophies and small tangible prizes.
6. The I-III place finishers in the citizen of Gdynia category will receive souvenir trophies and small tangible prizes. Personal pick-up required, solely during the awards ceremony.
7. The organizer reserves the right to award additional prizes in chosen categories.
VII. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. Participation is limited to those who have reached the age of 16 by the day of the event.
2. Each athlete who takes part in the Event must be validated at the Race Office.
3. The condition for a positive verification on 4th September 2020 is that personal appearance of the competitor and submitting to the competition office confirmation of the entry in the form of QR code, which should be downloaded from the received e-mail and identity card or passport
4. The condition for admitting a competitor in the competition is:
- a properly filled in registration form and paid the fee in the amount specified by these rules;
- Scanning the QR ticket and presenting an identity document, in order to verify the data given in the application form;
- collecting starting kits and bike check in the openning hour of the Race Office and Tranzition zone.
5. Competitors take part in the Event at their own risk. Providing the Organiser with a correctly completed registration form and paying the entry fee means that the participant has considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks of participation in the competition, including the risk of accidents, the risk of injuries (including death), as well damages for pecuniary and voluntarily decided to take that risk.
6. Participants are expected to follow directions and instructions of all race officials and public authorities.
7. Course marshals and race officials shall have authority to disqualify any contestant.
8. Medical personel shall have ULTIMATE and FINAL authority to remove a contestant from the race if the contestant is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race without risk of serious injury or death. Medical transport of any contestant will result in disqualification.
9. If an athlete decides to withdraw from the race at any time, it is the responsibility of the contestant to report to the race marshall and return timing chip immediately. It is essential that race officials know where contestants are on the course at all times.
10. Organizer provides participants with accident insurance to the amount of 10,000 PLN.
11. The cost of the entry fee, accommodation, travel and self-catering, each player lid on their own.
VIII. REGISTRATION AND STARTING FEE
1. Registrations for the Sprint Triathlon Gdynia will be received online on www.ironmangdynia.pl.
2. Online registration will last until 23th August 2020.
3. The registration shall be deemed to provide a properly filled in registration form and paid the fee in the amount specified by these rules.The fee is to be paid during the registration process, otherwise the registration will be cancelled.
4. The number of participants in the Sprint Triathlon Gdynia is limited to 1500 participants. The organizer reserves the right to stop receiving registration forms following this limit being exceeded.
5. The starting fee to participate in the Sprint Triathlon Gdynia, depending on registration date, is as follows:
- 250 PLN for next 500 participnts,
- 300 PLN for next 500 participants,
- 350 PLN for next 500 participants,
6.The registration fee must be paid through DotPay transaction service. All data provided in payments are made on a secure encrypted site.
7.The following constitute confirmation that the transaction has been completed successfully:
- registration confirmation form SlotMarket.pl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- payment confirmation from DotPay
- registration confirmation in the Registrations history tab in your account on SlotMarket.pl.
The completed start list will be published after registration closes.
8.It is not possible to transfer payment to another participant or another year.
9.Resigning from the event must be sent by an e-mail at the adress: email@example.com. Please take into account that:
- up to 4 months before the competition (until 5th May2020); 50% of the starting fee is refundable
- up to 45 days before the competition (until 22th July 2020); 25% of the starting fee is refundable
- For resignations taking place less than 45 days before the competition (after 22th July 2020); the starting fee is not refundable.
10. To receive an invoices check I want to receive an invoice in registration form or login to your account at SlotMarket.pl, go to the Registration history tab and choose I want to receive an invoice.
IX. STARTING KITS
1. The starting fee entails the following:
- NNW insurance up to 10,000 PLN,
- bib numbers with safety pins,
- a swimming cap,
- a wristband,
- a Finisher Sprint Triathlon Gdynia T-shirt (for finisher),
- water, isotonic beverages and fruits at aid stations and in beverage zones
- a souvenir medal at the finish (for finisher),,
- a draw-string bag for deposit,
- a voucher for the Welcome Banquet (4th September 2020).
2. The basis for receiving the starter package is to scan the QR code sent to the e-mail address given in the application and to verify the data on the basis of an identity document.
3. Participants Sprint Triathlon Gdynia shall collect their starting kit personally.
4. The Race office will be located at Zawiszy Czarnego Street. Office will be open on 4th September 2020 (Friday) - from 12.00 am to 8.00pm.
NOTE: On 5th September 2020 the Race office will be closed.
5. Starting kits that are not received in opening hours of the Race office will not be given or sent at a later date.
6. Welcome Banquet will be held on 4th September 2020, form 4 pm to 8 pm. The basis to receive a meal coupon is included in the package.
X. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Personal data administrator of Sprint Triathlon Gdynia participants is SE Group Sp. z o.o., ul. Zimowa 31a/28 05-515 Nowa Iwiczna.
2. Personal data of participants of Sprint Triathlon Gdynia will be processed for the purposes of organizing and carrying out Sprint Triathlon Gdynia, to select the winner and to award, release, receive the prize and other activities related to the economic activity and will not be shared with other customers.
3. For the purposes of chip timing and result sheet creation as well as sending one's bib number information and official time, personal data of the athlete (name, last name, year of birth, gender, city, email address, phone number) will be shared with Datasport, ul. Okrężna 22, 58-310 Szczawno Zdrój.
4. The participant has a right to access his/her data and correct them. Providing personal data and consent to their processing is optional, but necessary to achieve the said objectives. Failure of data or lack of consent to the processing prevents participation in Sprint Triathlon Gdynia. Please be advised that expressed consent may be revoked at any time.
5. Processing of participants data, in connection with participation in Sprint Triathlon Gdynia, includes publication of name, surname, year of birth, club participant with the name of the town in which he resides - in every way in which the project will be published.
6. All information concerning participants obtained by the Organiser and included in the registration form will be recorded in electronic way and in each case they will be used pursuant to in accordance with the applicable law.
7. The organizer reserves the right to carry out interviews with participants and to photograph and record participants for marketing and promotional purposes.
8. The organizer reserves the right to use, without compensation, all photographs, films, interviews, and voice recordings introducing the event participants. These materials may be used by the organizer in the form of CD-ROMs, DVDs, catalogues, internet sites, newspapers, and exhibition stands, as well for promotional-commercial purposes concerning the events run by the organizers.
XI. COMMENTS & COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
1. Complaints on matters relating to Sprint Triathlon Gdynia, should be submitted in writing together with the reasons for the contractor to: SE Group Sp. z o.o., Janki, ul. Falencka 1B, 05-090 Raszyn, with a note "Sprint Triathlon Gdynia - Complaint", within 7 days from the date of the event - directly or by registered mail (postmark date).
2. Complaints received after the deadline specified in paragraph 1 of this section shall not be considered.
3. Complaints about Sprint Triathlon Gdynia Organizer will be consider within 30 days of their receipt.
4. The Organizer's decision on complaints about Sprint Triathlon Gdynia will be final.
XII. FINAL REMARKS
1. All Sprint Triathlon Gdynia participants are bound by the following Rules&Regulations.
2. The use of any kind of narcotic, illegal substance, drugs improving athletic performance, as well as alcoholic product is forbidden in the area encompassing the event. Failure to abide by this rule may result in exclusion from participation in the event.
3. The event organizers guarantee medical care on the race course and at the finish line.
4. The event organizer guarantees safety in the water during the competition (by WOPR).
5. The event organizers guarantee deposit belongings.
6. After the conclusion of the race, there exists the possibility of further anti-doping tests, which requested participants must undertake if requested.
7. The results will be published on the site www.ironmangdynia.pl and passed along to the media.
8. The organizer reserves the right to cancel the event without citing cause. The triathlon will take place regardless of weather. In case of red flag the swimming leg of the event will be changed into a common start run of 1.5km.
9. Each participant of triathlon is obliged to take part in competition in the cap submitted at the starting kit, put the starting number while cycling: from the back over the buttocks, under the saddle and bicycle helmet; during the run: in front, at waist level - under penalty of disqualification.
10. The Organizer assumes no responsibility for the improperly placed bicycle or bag in the change zone.Each participant is obliged to properly suspend the bike and the bag without any additional markings provided by the Organizer on your start number .
11.The Organizer takes responsibility only for the necessary equipment, i.e. bike, helmet, bike shoes and swimsuit. Athletes are solely responsible for any other additional equipment (e.g. bike computers, watches, goggles) left in the transition zone.
12. In case of theft or damage to equipment, each participant is obliged to report this fact to the Organizer representative in the Transition zone and the police. Entries will be accepted by the Organiser only until it receives the equipment and leave the Transition zone by a competitor.
13. Issues not covered in the rules & regulations will be resolved by the event organizers.